Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

As soon as we got the news and found out everything that was going on with our little boy, we decided to drive to College Station to be with our family. Not only was this last week the week of Thanksgiving, but this was also the week my parents had scheduled to move from their big house to a smaller rent house. Despite the craziness of everything going on, we were so blessed by our week in College Station. I cried many tears, received a lot of hugs and so many sweet prayers, ate a lot of wonderful food (including a Thanksgiving feast cooked by my mother-in-law, Nan, and her husband, Jim, who were kind enough to invite my mom and dad to come along too), packed several boxes, went on runs in the 75 degree weather, unpacked several boxes, played Settlers of Catan, watched the Aggies loose another game, spent precious time hanging out with my sweet husband, and spent a lot of time praying and reading through Psalms. It was a one of the hardest weeks of my life and one of the saddest, but the Lord surrounded me with family and friends and brought moments of peace and joy in the midst of my sorrow. Warren, Mom, Dad, Michelle, John David, Nan, and Jim thanks for loving me and helping to carry me through this last week. I love you all so very much! I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment