Sunday, January 22, 2012

Timothy the "Kicker" and Dr. Appointments

This is Timothy's 12 week sonogram picture. This is the best picture we have so far, because sadly at our 20 week sonogram they didn't take any normal profile pictures because of everything that was going on at the time. But this picture is my favorite! It is amazing how much he already looks like a perfect little baby. He waved at us during this sonogram.

My favorite thing about being pregnant with Timothy right now, is the mover and the kicker he has become these days. His movements and his kicks are so strong (In fact, he is kicking me right now as a I type. He seems to consistently kick me every morning to assure me he is still alive and well). If you watch my belly when he really gets going you can watch parts of it move up and down, and now if you put your hand on my stomach when he gets going your hand will move up and down a little too! It is such a crazy feeling and such a special feeling! He has so much life right now and I am reminded of it every moment. I am thankful today to be a mom and to feel the strong movements of this precious life that is in me! 

I have been going to the doctor every two weeks since the day we found out Timothy has Trisomy 13 because there is a little bit higher risk for preeclampsia (very high blood pressure). So far all of my doctors appointments have gone well. His heart beat is strong, my uterus is still measuring normal growth wise, and my blood pressure has been completely normal. So, praise the Lord for keeping us both as healthy as can be so far! I think the Lord must know that I probably wouldn't handle being put on bed rest right now very well. My run/walks are part of my therapy these days. It's my "Julie time" as I call it where I can spend time thinking, praying, and worshiping as I listen to my favorite praise and worship play list. Praise music has been such a blessing to me these days.

So many things have been put into different perspectives for me as I have walked through this journey with Timothy. Carrying him is teaching me so much! I have to daily surrender to the Lord and pray for the strength and the courage to walk gracefully and peacefully through another day. Some days are still really really tough and the tears fall often and then some days I feel strong. Not because I am strong, but because I am letting my strong loving Father carry me and be strong for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment