Sunday, December 11, 2011

Celebrate Each Day

It is funny to me now how most of the time we don't celebrate a baby's first Thanksgiving or first Christmas with us until after they are out of the womb. I find myself questioning that thought process now. Now that the only time I may get to celebrate Christmas with my little one is while he is in my womb. I don't say this to make you sad. I say this to make you think, to challenge you to enjoy each and every moment that you have with your precious little ones, whether they are in the womb or not. I say this so that you will remember to fully enjoy each moment you have with your husband, with your wife, with your son, with your daughter, with your grandson, with your granddaughter because we are not promised tomorrow. Until now, I never fully comprehended how precious and how special each day of life really and truly is. Until this moment I am in, where each day might be the last day I get to share on Earth with my precious little Timothy. We are given each new day as a gift. I pray that I don't let this precious gift go to waste!  So, today I celebrate LIFE! I celebrate being a Mom for the first time and Warren being a Dad for the first time, I celebrate the blessings we received on Timothy's first Thanksgiving, and I look forward to the possibility of celebrating Timothy's first Christmas. Today there is life and joy and peace! We thank our Lord for the blessing of this wonderful day! I pray you will do the same with the ones that you love!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey. We are praying for all of you and know that God is fully in control of every day. What a blessing that in our time of need, we have someone to cry out to -- a Heavenly Father who loves us and longs to carry us through the storm. Timothy's life is already bringing Glory to God. Thank you for the precious reminder to cherish each moment we have with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commend you for sharing your journey. I pray that it will bring joy and comfort to you. In spite of the problems, God will give you many blessings along the way. Watch for them. Receive them. Cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie and Warren,
    Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. We continue to lift you all up in prayer. The things God is showing you and teaching you are beautiful. He is faithful!

    ReplyDelete