Monday, April 2, 2012

C-section on Wednesday

Many of you have heard by now that Timothy is still breech at this point and since I am due a week from today we have decided to go ahead and due a C-section this Wednesday to beat labor (that is if he doesn't decide to come on his own today or tomorrow). We had been hoping and praying that he would do a nice little flip and we could avoid a c-section but he seems to like the spot he is in right now. While we have been praying that he would flip, we have also been praying that if a c-section was the best option for Timothy that the Lord would make it abundantly clear. And we feel the Lord has done just that.

So, if Timothy has not flipped by tomorrow then I am scheduled to go in for a c-section on Wednesday morning at 7:30 am. I have so many thoughts and emotions running through my head right now that I don't think I could right them all down. I am so excited to meet our sweet Timothy and hold him in my arms and I am almost more excited for Warren to get to meet him and hold him in his arms! Timothy's life has felt so much more real to me for the last 9 months because I have felt him moving every day, but I feel like Warren is just now really and truly going to get to experience the life of our son. While I am so excited, I am so scared as well! I am scared that we may also have to say goodbye on Wednesday. But there is still no way to know for sure how much time we will get to spend with him. God may choose to bless us with a few minutes, a few hours, or a few days. But no matter how much time we get to spend with him, the time will be precious. We are so thankful that God has allowed me to carry Timothy to term and for the chance to get to meet him! I am trusting that the Lord knows what we can handle and that he will give us just the right amount of time that we need with our sweet Timothy. I had a dream about a month ago that Timothy came out perfectly whole and healed and I still know that no matter what God is ultimately going to heal Timothy and give him a new and glorious body.

We ask for your prayers for us at 7:30 am on Wednesday morning. We ask that God would give us complete peace and comfort as we walk into the hospital Wednesday and prepare for Timothy's B-day. Pray that God will give me an extra measure of peace as I am definitely a little scared about having surgery. I have never been a big fan of blood, needles, IV's, and all of that. So please pray for me in regards to that. Pray that I will be distracted and feel a complete sense of peace. Pray for Warren that he will be strong for the both of us and that God will prepare his heart to meet our precious son for the first time. Pray that the surgery will go smoothly and recovery will go smoothly as well. Pray for Timothy. Pray that God will protect him from pain and bless us with as much time with him as he knows that we can handle. Pray for our family members that will be with us at the hospital on Wednesday. Pray. Pray. Pray. 

God has carried us this far and given us the strength that we have needed to make it through each day, and we know that he is going to carry us through the days that are ahead. We are so thankful for the support and  prayers from each one of you! We know that we will be covered in prayers on Wednesday and in the days that are ahead. So, thank you in advance for your prayers for us! We will do our best to keep everyone updated as much as possible. We look forward to sharing the story of Timothy's birth and his life with you all! We love you guys!

6 comments:

  1. Praying for your sweet family! The Lord will carry you!

    Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Stories are so similar. I will be praying for you and your family: for a peace that surpasses all understanding, for wholeness and healing, and for you to feel God holding you in the palm of His hand. Blessings on Timothy's Birthday and every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie - I am holding you and Warren in my heart and I will pray all day on Wednesday - I am on the phone with Lauren Greiner reading her this post and together we are praying for you, crying for you, and your sweet family. You are such a beautiful and brave woman and I know there is a perfect plan ahead for you. We love you - Tamara and Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie -
    You are Warren are in my constant thoughts! Chuck and I can't stop talking about ya'll!
    I couldn't sleep last night so I prayed and prayed! I know the Lord will wrap his arms around you and Warren tomorrow and give you peace and love.
    Praying, Prayig, Praying!!!!
    Love,
    Chuck and Jen Kyrish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers over all three of you this morning.
    Hugs, Love, Blessings, and Peace!
    Allison D.

    ReplyDelete